Friday, July 8, 2011

Moving Woes, cont.

I've not been writing much, but that's primarily because I was in the process of moving, didn't have internet, and didn't really have a whole mess of time to do anything other than unpack.

But now most of that is complete, except for a jaunt back to Chicago to clean the old place up and get the few remaining bits and pieces out.

Unfortunately the management, and all of the stupid companies they've contracted to show the place, are being indescribably annoying.

For instance: I was always under the impression that you needed to give 24 hours before entering an apartment. Apparently not so for my place! Since they began showing it around a month ago I've gotten maybe 5 or 6 "courtesy calls" that were more than a day in advance. Usually it's around 2 hours. Or, in the case of the last night, 15 freaking minutes.

While I could just say no, I think it would drive me even more insane. It's not just one company, it's 4 or 5. ALL of them pull this garbage.

And we haven't even gotten to my management company itself. I moved two hours away, I can't just drive back there whenever it tickles my fancy. When trying to find out where I should turn in my keys, I was told that I need to schedule a checkout appointment. You know, the time where they go through your empty place to assess crap for the security deposit return? They want me to be there for that. Why? I've lived in a lot of different apartments, and have never once been required to schedule a check out appointment, is this practice normal?

Oh, and if they can't come on Sunday, I'll have to drive back down there yet again for what I'm sure will amount to a twenty minute awkward walkthrough. I just want to be done with those assholes forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment